Friday 23 June 2017

Life As We Know It

I have decided that maybe a break from more serious topics is needed, and also, if I want this to be more interactive, let you into my life little more.

I also was exporting photos from my phone and they brought back happy memories

So here, in pictures, are some snapshot looks into my life:

1) This is me. This is also why I have obtained the nickname Ducky from one of my friends. We make cute ducks.


2) I love travelling!



The world is a book, and those that do not travel read only one page - Saint Augustine










3) I like taking photos. I quite enjoy pretty rocks too and photos of feet in different places. But I've decided just to let you enjoy the rock in this one. This was taken in one of my favourite places, a beautiful little place in South Africa.








4) I am partially Irish. I had the privilege of visiting this beautiful country last year for a family gathering. This photo was taken from a castle that my family once used to own many years ago.

Ireland is very beautiful and very, very green. There is a lot of history and it was very interesting visiting some historical sites and cemeteries. The roads are very narrow in all the places that I visited outside of Dublin. Our bus driver impressed me greatly with the speed at which he took on all the roads and corners. I also had the amazing experience to dance in Ireland! I got to do some Irish as well as some choreographies. The coolest part of that was getting to dance with some other Irish dancers. It was very special getting to do an Irish dance in Ireland with other dancers for my extended  family.



Something that I find very special about flying is being able to see things from a different perspective. On our way back to South Africa, on one of the flights, we flew through a cloud. It was beautiful but you could hardly see a thing, yet could still trust that the pilot was going to get us through and in a while we would be back in the sun and able to see more clearly. This is a very clear (aha ha) metaphor of how we go through times in life sometimes that we cannot see what is coming next or even what is going on and can't understand why we are in a cloud that can be a bit of a scary place to be, but we can trust that God will bring us out of it into a beautiful day. 
His plans will prevail, even when we cannot 
fathom them. 





What do I do with my time? (5)

Aside from writing and dancing and spending time with people and other hobbies, I work for a church. I did a missions year with them last year and this year I am working there as a part of this missions group. The group is called Citylove and you can find out more about it here: 

We get to do a lot of cool things which I will explain in a moment. But first, here are some pics from a trip to PE last year:





We got to go into a few schools with Oxygen Life and attend their community groups, as well as visit a children's home, attend a youth group, and hang out with some awesome people.

Most of the time we work near our church and help with the Friday night ministries there, do outreaches to nearby places, teach some classes at a school, visit children's homes and at times old age homes and nearby locations. It is awesome being able to share Jesus' love with people through these different experiences.



 

6) I like Star Wars. A lot haha







7) I've had one operation to remove my wisdom teeth. It was a weird, although interesting experience, but worth it! I was in a lot of pain for months beforehand from the teeth growing skew, but once my mouth was all done healing (a couple weeks after the operation) I've had no more pain!


8) I enjoy learning about photography and videography. 

9) I quite enjoy painting, especially with watercolours. It's a fun hobby


10) I enjoy reading, and though I mostly enjoy reading fiction, I want the bible to become my go-to book and favourite reading.

 11) I love people! This is also one of my favourite houses to spend time at. It's so peaceful and the company is excellent!


12) I don't really enjoy alcohol. I just like tasting it and taking photos of it.

13) Road trips! They are great.




14) Road trips in Land Rover Defenders are also great. It makes them even more interesting and exciting than if the vehicle just went with no problems at all.


15) I think God makes the most beautiful sunsets and I love seeing them!

16) I have some brothers. Just a few actually, but that depends on who you ask.


17) If you can teach me something new and answer all my questions about it, and are happy to do so, I'll probably want to spend a lot of time with you. 

18) I enjoy colouring my hair temporarily.


19) I'm trying to learn Japanese. Slowly...


20) I love words! There are so many interesting words out there and they are so rich in meaning

21) I am 21 haha

This was a long post. Here is a clock :P haha. Have a great day!

Shendl




No comments:

Post a Comment