Monday 22 December 2014

God's not dead

No, I'm not going to try and come up with an argument or debate to convince you. This is just some thoughts related, in part, to the movie God's not dead.

A college student, Josh, is challenged by his psychology professor when all the students in his class are told to write down three words and sign it. "God is dead". But Josh doesn't feel that he can do this.

"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 10:33

Josh then sets out to try and prove to his class members that God is not dead. At the end of the movie he is at a Newsboys concert and all the people attending are told to send the message "God's not dead" to all of their contacts. And so are you. Yet I didn't. I sent it to the ones I for some reason felt that I should but I didn't send it to all of my contacts. Why? Maybe because I get annoyed by the amount of posts or pictures on facebook that say "Share this if you love Jesus" or "99% won't repost this, be the 1% that isn't afraid to stand up for God." Is Jesus really going to measure how much you love Him by how many likes on a social media website He gets? Maybe I just don't like getting told what to do or just tend to question things like that, but I didn't like getting told "let's show God how much we love Him" by sending a message I was told to.

What do you think? I'd be interested to hear your opinion on sharing things like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment