Thursday 30 August 2018

#1

I haven't written in a while... My words have felt trapped inside my head or held too tight in my hand. Strangely, it's felt easier to talk than write, which is unusual for me, but I want to get used to writing more. So I thought I would try and write from some prompts I have collected on Pinterest for now. I do believe that words can be used powerfully, but I need to get the words out in order for them to mean anything.

Today's prompt: Something I thought a lot about as a child is...

Stories..

I would often pretend that I was either in a story I had read, one I was writing or one that I would never write. I was many different characters at many different times with many different stories swirling around me. I was a time traveller, a child in the war, and as I got a bit older, a Jedi. That became my favourite story. Jedi were strong, could survive anything, brought good to the world and had this deep spiritual connection that gave their life more meaning than they would have had without it.

Star Wars is still one of my favourite movie sagas and has captured my imagination since I first saw it. I could write a lot more about it and Jedis, but back the question. I would write a lot of stories, in games, in books, in my head.

On another short note, something funny I thought of as a kid was the way that Santa claus would get into our house since we didn't have chimney

That's all for today,
but enjoy this photo of a colourful beach


No comments:

Post a Comment