Thursday 6 September 2018

#2

If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?


Lie in the sun. Find a perfect sunny spot on a hopefully perfectly warm with no wind day. Those days that are so warm it feels like you're wrapped in a duvet, like the air actually has texture to it, with perhaps only a warm breeze to disturb the plants and gently wrestle your hair. I'd lie on the grass and close my eyes and soak it in, the sun, the feeling of being alive. Feel the soft prickles beneath me and the rub my feet in the sand, feeling every textured grain. Then I'd go and visit people I love and enjoy being around them and look at the vastness of the sea. The closest word I can find to that feeling of the sun on your skin (which apparently is not felt the same all around the world) is apricity, though it means the warmth of the sun in winter. It's a pity there isn't a word for that simple pleasure of feeling the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment